Waste Into Change - Decommissioning Office Space, Giving Used Equipment New Life
WASTE INTO CHANGE - DECOMMISSIONING OFFICE SPACE, GIVING USED EQUIPMENT NEW LIFE
Waste into change - Green Standards is an environmental firm that manages the sustainable decommission of office space. It manages 10 million of square feet annually, reducing CO2e by more than 150,000 tons on corporate real estate projects.
MORE ABOUT GREEN STANDARDS
Founded in 2009, Green Standards is dedicated to solving the growing problem of office furniture waste using circular economy principles to maximize the lifespan of equipment no longer needed by corporations.
The problem of office equipment waste is complex, and, so too, is the solution. In the beginning, Green Standards connected corporations with surplus office furniture to non-profits with a need. Now, recognizing the evolving needs of both the donor and recipient, Green Standards rejects the “one-size-fits-all” mantra and works closely with its clients to ensure all needs are met while maximizing waste and CO2e diversion.
Green Standards’ process involves:
- An inventory, timeline and needs evaluation to plan for the best results possible.
- Vendor and non-profit on-boarding to keep it simple for clients – Green Standards manages all parties from start to finish of a project.
- Project planning, management and execution by serving as an extension of clients’ teams to make sure every item arrives at its destination intact and on time.
- Data and documentation collection to ensure transparency and accountability, keeping clients free from liability and outlining social and environmental impact.
- Environmental and social reporting that dives deeply into clients’ positive impact, all accessible via a cloud-based portal.
This process supports Green Standards’ triple bottom line service available to corporations across the US and Canada.